Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Return of the Mac

Who's Mac, anyway? Not I, that's for sure. I might be a mic... maybe a muc. Definately not a mac.

I have to say the appearance of Bang Bang Boogie brings happiness to my heart. So glad to hear from you, man.

Ok, so what's up? Bangkok is... well, not quite as hot as it once was, but still hot enough to boil a monkee's bum. We don't quite get all the hype about everything over here at near the same level as you do in the States, but I am so geeked about Revenge of the Sith. I don't know why... I watched Attack of the Clones again last night and it didn't hold up as well as I hoped. Well, part of it was because I was watching on this little computer with tinny sound out of an on-board sound processor. Once again I was impressed with Hayden Christensen, though. I know he was widely criticized for wooden acting, but I just don't see it. The real problem is the lines he was given by Sir George.

That's a tangent. The only thing I'm trying to say is that I'm looking forward to the next one, fully plan to see it at least twice within the first week, and already have plans with some folks at the office to see it on opening day. Woo. Hoo.

My sister is coming in July... yay! She'll have a blast, especially on the beaches. The kids will love the elephants, the monkees, and Disneyland Thailand! No, just kidding, of course. If anyone else would like to saunter over, you can stay at my place. Pretty much anytime is fine with me.

I feel like I should write something curious about Thai life... but I think I'm becoming used to everything enough that I don't really notice the pecularities anymore. Oh, here's one. When you buy yogurt at the quickstop or even a full grocery store, they always give a little plastic spoon with which to eat it. And when you buy a drink, they give you a straw. Sanuk, chai mai?

Chok di na krap

Show/Hide...

6 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to have you back in the land of the living

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I +second good to have you back Don't get many notes from outer space' but do enjoy hearing from you. Much love Mom

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Llama said...

That's the glory of globalization. The entertainment industry is one of the few in which America still dominates.

Don't fret too much... things are still very different here than in the U.S. I was just having this same conversation with a Canadian expat... he made the point that you can describe life in Thailand to a Westerner, but nobody can really understand until they've been here. It's just different...

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've actually been dreading Sith for some time now. I guess it's the whole "darn you George Lucas for spitting on my childhood" fear precipitated by Phantom and Clones to a lesser degree. But, yet again, I'm finding myself becoming more and more anxious as more and more positive reviews spring forth for this one. Of course, that happened with Clones to a degree as well. So who knows?

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Straws. Are you talking about those waxed paper straws, or are plastic straws ubiquitous by now? I dig me some paper straws, but they can be kind of hard to use.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Llama said...

Genuine, high-dollar plastic straws with a bendy top. They spare no expense here in Bangkok!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home