Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Images from my way out

I've decided to post a few pictures of my journey out of the country. I realize that this will be exceedingly boring for most of you, but I think it will be nice to have a little photo log of the trip.
It's 3:30 in the afternoon and I have lots of work still to do, but I've been neglecting my blog and have to do something to keep you all interested, right? So, without further ado, I present:

NORTHERN LOUISIANA!

Exciting, dynamic, and ever-bustling, northern Louisiana offers plenty of sites for thrill seekers. Whether it's tipping cows, drinking beer, or shooting frogs, the fun never stops.

LOL Ok, sorry, I don't mean to be so hard on the old homestead. Some of you claim that I've abandoned my roots... there may be some truth to that, but I also carry a fondness for the place I'll always know as home. With that said, for those of you that have never been to the northern part of Louisiana (aka South Arkansas) and/or don't know how to pronounce the word "Ouachita", I present a couple of pictures to acquaint you with the surroundings.


Wisner Elevator Posted by Hello

This first picture is of the Wisner elevator. My father runs a business that owns (or used to own, anyway) part of the Winnsboro elevator, which looks just like this. Elevators are used to store grain... and that's about all I know about that. They are ubiquitous is northern farm communities, though.


Franklin Parish Roadside Posted by Hello

And here is a random picture of what the landscape looks like driving in Franklin Parish. Plenty of cows, or horses, or even goats (if you happen to live in Alto). I went north to visit my Grandmother, but I forgot to bring my camera in and don't have any pictures of her to share.


Geese at Chetola Resort Posted by Hello

Moving from the flatlands of Louisiana to the mountains of North Carolina. My parents are retiring there in this little town called Chetola. It's beautiful there, and the community in which their condo resides hosts this little flock of geese. Everyone appreciates them, even if they do poop everywhere.


My darling niece and her friend, the snowman Posted by Hello

This is my niece, Ellie. Isn't she adorable? Of course she is, that's one of her special talents :) This was the first time either she or her brother had seen snow, and they loved every minute of it. Here she is being friendly with a snowman that the two of the built (with a little help from their Mom).


My darling niece shows her dark side Posted by Hello

Here she is again showing her wicked sense of humor. My niece is unusual (I think) in that she has a nearly adult sense of humor. She thought it would be comical to "accidentally" pull the snowman's arm out of its socket. Macabre, yes. This picture doesn't come close to capturing the initial humor of the joke, which made my sister and I crack up.


Ready to ski Posted by Hello

And here the little devil is all dressed up for the slopes. Come on now, can you deny the cuteness? No, you cannot. There is no denying, so don't even try.


Dad Posted by Hello

My father, whom I love. Not quite as cute, though :)

That's it for now. Coming soon:

The Story of Wanda Rouge

Show/Hide...

2 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there are two types of grain elevators. one is just an elevator to store grain and the other is usually on a river and is more of a temporary storage as farmers bring in grain and then it gets sold. how do i know this, you may ask, because there are two very different fees applied depending on which one you have.

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very entertaining - Thank you. I laughed so hard at the memory, my eyes began to water. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home