Sunday, April 03, 2005

April 4

32. That puts me halfway to 64. 1/3 of the way to 96. So that means that, if I'm particularly long-lived then I'm only 1/3 of the way through with my life. If you figure that grown up life began at 18 (with college) then I've only lived 14 adult years, with about 40-55 more to go.

I guess I'm not dead yet :)

Thank you to all that wished me a happy birthday. Kristy, you have to come visit. Smiling at pretty girls is par for the course. Actually, yesterday I started to get a little blow-back from that. I live on Soi 4, which (keeping this a family-friendly blog) has many bars. Seeing me walk by everyday and not introduce myself to the patrons of these bars has apparently made some of them a little bitter, because one of them said some unpleasant things. It seems that, on Soi 4, at least, Thailand is the land of smiles so long as you are a visitor with baht to spend.

Anyway, that wouldn't spoil my day. Although I didn't do much... a little bit of work, I watched "In Good Company"... played some pool... I was pleasantly suprised when one of my Thai friends that I met last summer gave me a present. It was a fine day.

Today, though, it's raining hard. My pants are soaked from walking about 8 blocks in the rain. Soi 1, which is where our office is located, is flooded. No one else came in today, which is good because I can use the time to get some work done for Mike before he returns tomorrow.

Oh, and if you didn't notice, my mom updated the Wanda Rouge post yesterday. Wanda Rouge has moved on to the great pond in the sky. No word yet on if we will soon be seeing Wanda Taupe swimming in the hills of North Carolina.

Show/Hide...

2 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean?! You'r practically 50!

Glad you had a good day.

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday little big man! I have spoken!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home