Thursday, April 07, 2005

Ramblings

I get in these moods where I am so self-reflective that I can't see outside through the fog in my head. It happens occasionally, and luckily for the world I now have a convenient place to share those thoughts with the whole world. But, that's OK, I'm trying to become less guarded, anyway. And what does it really matter?

Thank you, Sammy, for the unexpected words of support... although I expect it was more of just a jab at "the interventioner". Made me laugh, anyway. I don't know what I'll do. I carry this crazy vision around with me everyday, it influences my choices and colors my conversations, but the reality is that its just a dream; reality is far less accomodating. When is it brave to chase a dream? And when is it just foolish?

On a more mundane note, I saw a couple of odd sights this morning on my way in to work. Rolling down Soi 4, on the street, mind you, was a Seque Human Transporter (aka SH*T), complete with a Human! It's the first time I've seen one, it was very quiet. Seems like an idea whose time has not yet come. It's too big and fast to safely move on the sidewalk, but it's too exposed and slow to move on the street.... well, US streets anyway. He was moving fast enough for the Soi. And it's so expensive! Seems like the best idea for its use is in places like airports, factories and warehouses, where the area is big and someone may need to travel quickly and easily from one end to the other.

Also, there was something odd going on at the JW Marriott on Soi 2... I walk past it on the way to work, and there was security there waving what looked like metal detectors over taxi cabs as they pulled up to the front. Is this a new general level of security, or is a VIP staying there? If so, who could it be, hm? And what were they actually waving, anyway? I would think a metal detector would be pretty much useless, since the whole car is metal. But that's what it looked like...

Show/Hide...

2 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The news earlier this week said security was being increased all over southern Thailand due to the airport bombing last Sunday. Do you not know this, or are you just being silly? Either way, take care...

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I've never used a metal detector, but don't they squelch louder depending on how much and the type of metal that is detected? Maybe they just run it across the car listening to that constant, ear-piercing tone. Then, if they find something, the tone increases and when the blood starts flowing from their ears they know they've found something. Eh, could be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home