Sunday, August 14, 2005

Of Mice and Men

I, apparently, am a mouse. According to my sister, most women are the men.

Now there's a thousand different directions to take that statement, but I'm referring to colds. I developed one on Friday, and on Saturday I was completely wiped out. I could feel the sinus pressure building inside my head, pressing against parts of my face I didn't know I had. I had a throbbing headache, a faucet for a nose, my eyes hurt, my throat hurt... all I could do was roll around in bed and moan. This is what my sister describes as getting knocked out. She says that men are babies when it comes to colds, and that women don't have the luxury of being that miserable.

As far as the being a baby part, I have to disagree. Not that I think I can't take it like a man, but rather that I'd much rather take it like a baby if I could! I remember as a kid I'd get a cold and wonder what all the fuss was about. I'd wipe my nose on my sleeve, cough in someone's face, and keep on runnin'. There's a inverse relationship between my age and my cold-handling abilities. The older I get, the more incapacitated a common cold seems to make me.

Anyway, by yesterday afternoon it had mostly passed, although I still have a headache this morning.

I may not be delaying my return to the US afterall. I'm currently scheduled to depart on the 8th of September, and I think I'll be able to keep that. Then I'll return around Sept. 30 or so. My departure depends upon an upcomong trip to Bangladesh. Ross will be going with me and he wants to leave on August 30, stay five days and come back about Sunday, September 4. Me, I'm pushing to get back one day earlier because Saturday night is when Jah can come in. But it looks like I may lose that fight. In any case, if we get back here by Sept. 7 then it will be easy for me to leave for the US on Sept. 8.

Thupt!

p.s.

Go Titans!
Go Democrats!
Rah! Rah! Rah!

Show/Hide...

3 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well little mouse brother, I am glad you are feeling better.
I told the kids you are coming back next month, and they are very excited- we will all be glad to have you back for at least a little
while.

And what's up with the go democrats? did I miss something?

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just make sure you let us all know what your visitation schedule will be ahead of time. Apparently Trip is going to Greece tomorrow for two weeks (found out day before yesterday).

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking from the married stand point - While I pop cold meds and keep going unless on the verge of death, my much loved hubbie will take to bed and sleep all day at the first sign of anything more than a slight sniffle (and will, of course, need juice, meds, etc. brought to his sickly bedside!) And by the way, is a trip to the border planned for September? There are Uncle Tom fans this way, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home