Sunday, March 06, 2005

On my way

I've left Baton Rouge. The flight was not delayed (suprisingly), but less than pleasant. There was a great deal of wind at about 5000 to 10000 feet both around the Atlanta and Charlotte airports, and the plane was tossed around as if it were a mere Cesna. I'm usually pretty stout when it comes to motion sickness, but it was definately touch and go there for a while. I felt my face go white as a ghost; had anyone been paying attention, I'm sure they would have called for an ambulance to meet us at the tarmac! But it was just nausea. Worse, because, I suppose, of Delta's financial troubles, there were no magazines, no pillows, and no little bags for "just in case." If something had come up, it would have been all over the plane.

But I landed safely and am doing well. Had a snowball fight yesterday with my niece and nephew (Elie and Alex), which was alot of fun. Today some of us are going skiing... haven't decided if I'll join them yet. I mean, I'll go, but I may not ski. Don't really have the gear for it.

I have pictures to share, but I'm writing this on a hotel computer and don't have the ability to install Picasa, which is what I use to post pictures. So you'll just have to wait till I get to Thailand for that!

It was good seeing Ron, So, and Toni friday night. I'm sorry no one else could come, looks like there's impending changes in all of our lives. Even as loved family members pass on, we are welcoming new souls into the world. It's the way that it is, and we have all lived long enough now to understand it. But that doesn't make any easier to say goodbye to the ones we love.

That's it for now... blogging will be continue to be scarce until I get my feet on the ground in Thailand. Until next time...

Thupt

Show/Hide...

6 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't know if you got our messages or not. phillip came down with whatever i had earlier this week (fever of 102 and chills), and we thought the best going away present we could give you, was not getting you sick.

have fun in thailand!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Llama said...

E,

I did get your message, and appreciated the call. I'm sorry you guys couldn't come!

I'll try to update every day or two, once I land in Thailand.

And, yes, Kristy, the traffic, heat, and humidity in Bankok is just about as bad as anywhere in the world. Certainly worse than BR. Luckily I will not be on the roads much, as I will walk to and from work each day.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom-
Hey-i hope you are enjoying the snow and all the family. Please hug everyone for me. I am counting on you checking this as you orient our parent to their new computer--all the whole whorld that now lies at their finger tips!!!!!
Check your email-- I've sent something you all may be interested in.
Take care and I'll talk to you tonight.

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey unc tom i made talented music today. I was almost sure I would fail, but suprisingly i scored 34 out of 35. Anyway we still need help on the computer. Write back soon!

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Uncley Tom, i think i did good on my math and science tests. I knew basically everything. I hope that on my report card that i will make strait A's, finally. We took Snowy and Tank on mom's walk, and they were going all over the place (especially Tank). The dogs are really missing you along with the rest of us here in Baton Rouge!!
love, Kate

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Llama said...

David,

Congrats on testing for talented music! That's great news. I hope you focus on the piano and composition (writing music)... I think you have a real ear for it.

Kate,

That's wonderful, I know you can make straight A's. You just have to remain focused... which I know can be the hardest part :)

Things are fine here in Thailand... I'm actually at a restaurant right now an so can't really write much. But send Granddad and Granddrew an email... we have to encourage them as they use their new computer!

Miss you all and love you much,

the Uncle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home