Thursday, November 03, 2005

Who is linking to your blog?

Paca's latest blog post made me wonder... how did he get to be the third highest ranked site when one Googles for "rhythm and musical devices in The Ballot or the Bullet Malcolm X"?

So I did a Google search myself on how one can determine what pages are linking to his, and I came up with this:

http://www.marketleap.com/publinkpop/

It's a neat little tool that shows you the number of links in each of the major search engines to a given URL. You type in the URL, the confirmation code, hit submit, and presto, you can see the popularity of your site.

As most of you know, search technology these days is centered around how many external links a webpage has pointing to it. The number of links to my site and Paca's site (the only one's I've checked thus far) are entirely from our little circle of bloggers here. But what's somewhat amusing is that those few links appear to be enough to keep us from being at the absolute bottom... we have a minimal, but solid, web presence.

Check it out... and type in your own blog addresses.

Thupt

Show/Hide...

3 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Blogger pacatrue said...

So what I am getting is a couple Google links, a couple AOL links and 300 MSN links or something. But you mention our circle of blogger friends. Is there something to see with this too?

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger pacatrue said...

Nevermind. Figured it out. Pesky hyperlinks. I hates them and their nasty blueness.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Lonely Coyote said...

ohhhh, russian girls... *drools* dunno why but I do have a thing for slavic girls... but don't tell the T (the gf)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home