Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know I've been quiet lately... I've been working quite diligently on this program while at work, studying Thai at night, and just not making any time to write.

Thai lessons are going well enough; my teacher is this gorgeous actress that has some serious attitude. I had a big crush on her for a while until I learned 1) she has a boyfriend and 2) she fairly routinely gets possessed by ghosts and gods. I'm not making that up... apparently it happens quite often, though the last time was about 3 years past. Speaking in tongues, body possession, the whole thing. Of course, she is so gorgeous I could probably over look that. I'd be like Bill Murry with Ripley in Ghost Busters... "Excuse me, Zool, but I'd like to speak with my girlfriend."

The lessons themselves are pretty good. My teacher is tough, so we really have to study and sweat during class. Her methods can be very frustrating at times and isn't always effective, but it's better than having a cream puff for a teacher. We only have two more lessons... one tonight and then finally on Monday.

Work is progressing... as I said, I spend most of my time on this program. I won't go into the details, but progress is being made. Still alot of work to be done, but I'm definately out of the "learning" mode now. I'm doing my best to complete the work ASAP, but there's so much still to be done I have a hard time estimating when it will be complete. Of course, once version 1 is out there's still alot of work to be done... version 2 will have to include some code streamlining, bug fixes, and data output.

My love life is dead, unfortunately. I still think about Jah, but have resisted the temptation to call her and/or attempt to make up. There's a girl that works at the hair place next door that I could and may go out with; we've been out once, and it was fun, but she's not as smart as Jah and so I hesitate. I've about decided to give it another try... we'll see.

A quick political note... I find myself torn. I don't think the US should pull out of Iraq, which puts me at odds with most of the political left. I don't think the US should have ever gone in, and said so repeatedly back in 2002 and 2003, unlike the Democrat leadership that pretty much falled in lockstep to the drumbeat of war. But at the same time the Bushies, who support staying in Iraq, as I do, also still support the decision to go to war, which I do not. Also, I so dislike Bush and his policies that I find myself rooting for advocates of positions that I don't even agree with - like the anti-war activists and the free-trade opponents.

I wish McCain, Leiberman, and the other moderates would follow Sharon's lead, break away and form a new moderate party. How freakin' sweet would that be?

Thupt

Show/Hide...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home