Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Flustered

Just got off the phone with Mike and Ross, of Thailand fame. The good news: they want me over there, and they are planning on the possibility of me joining them full time (in a professional capacity). The bad news: they offered a stipend 25% less than what I estimated. The good news: that amount could increase in their final offer, to arrive via email within 2 days time.

I'm am both excited and tremendously disappointed. If I don't get more money, I won't be able to afford my car payments. I may not be able to go at all. Selling the car is an option... but it will only reduce the debt, not eliminate it. Here's praying they significantly increase their offer.

Show/Hide...

6 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could get someone to take over the car payments instead of paying you out right (but still transfer the title)... or at least i think you could. i am sure kristy will pipe in with whether or not it is allowable.

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on getting an offer you can accept.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Llama said...

I just realized that what I wrote was inaccurate. They didn't offer 25% less of what I expected... they offered 25% OF what I expected. That is, specifically, I was planning on a stipend of 1000/month. They offered 250. My car note alone is 320.

Finding someone to take over the payments while I'm gone would be perfect, but who would want to do such a thing? If anyone knows someone that is looking for a long term car rental, please let me know... They'd just need to pay the note and their insurance.

Hopefully their offer will increase, and/or I can borrow money again to make it work.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Llama said...

The will provide housing and utilities, plus a stipend. The stipend is meant to cover food and other misc. expenses.

My stipend, however, must also cover a modest amount of debt payment. I've worked it all out... just to cover all of my financial obligations here (car, insurance, minimum credit card payments) I need US 313 per month. Then, of course, I need a stipend on top of that to cover food and play money. The low-ball estimate of that, as calcualted by Mike, is $250. Ideally I'd have more, about $500, to be able to afford a beer after work. That puts my monthly budget at betwen 563 to 863 USD per month.

We'll see...

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

any word yet on the new offer?

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Llama said...

No... that won't happen till tomorrow morning. Or, possibly, late tonight. Till then I'm left fretting :)

It'll turn out alright, though. I'm sure. Mostly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home