Monday, February 21, 2005

Monday update

So, Toni and I saw Constatine over the weekend. We all liked it... may post a real review a bit later, but probably not. Rottentomatoes has it just below 50%... even Ebert didn't like it, and he's a sucker for a Hollywood action movie. I think there's a cynicism and unforgiving attituded towards Keanu Reeves these days... he has to make a really exceptional movie for people to give it a good review. So many of the articles from Rottentomatoes complained about either Reeve's acting, the bitterness of his character and how unlikeable he is, or about the plot being either too simple or too full of holes.

I don't know, I'm usually pretty critical when it comes to movies, but I really liked it. It was fun, well paced, Keanu did fine and his character was a hoot. I mean, he flips off the devil, of all things! Besides, you are entitled to be bitter if you know you are going to hell in a few months.

The weekend was a good one... from a geek point of view, that is. Got some magic cards, leveled an everquest character up (without spending all my time doing it), won a few games at Halo2, got out and did some yard work, studied some statistics for a few hours (practice constructing ANOVA models, oh joy!)... the biggest news, though, is that I received another email from Mike, the guy in Thailand who is considering me for an internship. Looks like that is going to happen, assuming "we can work out the details" (Mike's words). He also wants me to "start thinking about when is the earliest [I] can come." Hmmm... immediately?

So now we start another week. Hopefully it will be a good one,. for me and my sister, who is also hoping to hear some good job news. Keeping my toes crossed...

Show/Hide...

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NNNNOOOOOO! Don't go!!!

Well, if you absolutely must, I guess I'll forgive in time.

Seriously, though, good luck!

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm...ANOVA...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home