Monday, February 14, 2005

Beans

When I started this silly blog, I had a fit of honesty and wrote more than I should have. At the time, I assumed it would just be for me, and I'd be anonymous, and any poor sap that happened to stumble into the page would get a whole saga of one man's hopes and fears. But then, in a moment of impulse, I sent the link to three others, and my little secret coffessional all of a sudden wasn't so secret anymore.

So now I see that I have to say something about my "waiting for luv" comment or else I'll never get any peace. Hm.

Where to start? OK, let's try to do this a little bit differently. I'll morsel out bits and pieces of the story, one at a time, but backwards. It'll be like Memento... but not as violent :)

What I'm waiting on is an instant message reply. I seriously doubt it ever comes... since it hasn't come yet. However there's this woman I know that is currently living in the Philippines. We haven't corresponded much since she moved there, about 6 months ago. In fact, we hadn't spoken at all till about 3 weeks ago. But, at that time, I wrote her about my job situation. I thought she might know someone that works at an NGO or with the Asian Development Bank (which is based in Manila). So I re-opened contact with her after a several month period of complete silence.

It was awkward, to be sure. But she said she'd check around for me. After a couple of days I wrote to let her know that I may have found something in Thailand. BTW this all takes place via Yahoo! instant messaging. She writes back that she hasn't found anything yet, but that she thinks I should come to Manila. I could stay at her beach house, and it would be easy for me to find a job.

Now this is was a bit of a shocker to me. I wrote her back that I wasn't looking just for a job, but for the right job; and that this one in Thailand would be perfect, and that I couldn't pass it up if I obtain it. And then I wrote "But if you were to come to Bangkok..."

That was it. I couldn't figure out a good way to complete that hypothetical, so I just left it dangling there.

That was a week ago. I haven't heard from her since.

Show/Hide...

2 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, spicy -E

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy penaut butter?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home